Monday 14 April 2014

S5 Replenish Serum


S5 Skincare's Replenishing Serum has got to be one of the most silkiest oils I have ever used, it is a ridiculously smooth consistency that I have been loving using in the evenings, especially after a clay mask as it's very nourishing and excellent for massaging in.

This particular serum is targeted for dry and scarred skin as it is rich in Omegas 3, 5, 6, & 7 that help dryness, elasticity and scarring. My skin is normal to combination with dehydration and is blemish-prone with scarring left from past acne.

S5 Replenishing Serum has Arctic Sea Buckthorn Oil which is naturally rich in Omega 7 and Omega 3. I take PharmaNord's Omega 7 Sea Buckthorn Oil supplement and I find it excellent for my skin and it has helped improve my acne so I hold this ingredient in high regard and was excited to see it included in this serum.

This also contains High Altitude Rosehip oil which is rich in vitamin A that helps to regenerate and heal the skin; Desert Pomegranate Oil which has anti-oxidant properties and helps reduce inflammation and accelerate cellular regeneration; and lastly Desert Argan Oil which is rich in Omega 6, 9 and tocopherol.

One thing that takes a little getting used to is the scent as even though it's naturally derived, it is unusually strong although after a while I don't notice it as much as when I first started using it.
Even though this is plenty nourishing on it's own, I prefer it under a moisturiser as I feel it kind of seals in the goodness of the serum and as you only need a few drops I have found this has lasted quite a while.  
 
Overall this has been a beautifully healing oil that hasn't aggravated my skin but helps to calm it and as the name states is 'replenishing', especially when I feel like I need something extra.

Ingredients:
Coco-Caprylate, Rosa Rubigiosa Seed Oil*, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil*, Punica Granatum Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Parfum (Natural, Low Allergen Fragrance), Tocopherol. *ingredients from organic farming
 

No comments:

Post a Comment