Monday 25 March 2013

John Masters Organics Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer


My hair and scalp has been an increased priority the past year or so since I noticed my hair was thinning a bit and generally has less volume. I have been trying to remedy this internally but I'm using topical products to help the progress along. Currently I'm using the John Master Organics Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment and Volumizer for thinning hair.

My hair is slightly on the finer side, wavy and my scalp is quite sensitive and can get easily irritated by the wrong shampoo or using overly stripping products (or eating too much crap!), so as well as helping the thinning, I like using scalp specific products as they do seem to calm it and promote a healthier scalp.

The John Masters Organics Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment and Volumizer for thinning hair is 'a unique combination of 19 certified-organic herbs and essential oils improve the scalp by promoting nutrient intake, stimulating circulation, balancing sebum production and eliminating free radicals. Select ingredients work to enhance hair volume and shine. Safe for colour-treated hair'.

Key ingredients:
 
Thyme - scalp stimulant; antiseptic
Irish moss - natural detoxifier
Arnica - healing to the scalp; anti-inflammatory
Che qian zi - reduces inflammation
Gotu kola - anti-inflammatory; anti-irritant

I use this on damp hair after washing and conditioning. I section the hair and spray a small amount at the roots then style as normal.
What I notice with this it that it does seem to give my hair a bit more substance and volume at the roots so it doesn't appear as fine. With continual use I think my hair does feel better so for me it's doing what it says on the tin. For scalp comfort I personally prefer the Philip Kingsley Scalp Toner as that has a bit more cooling, soothing feeling, but overall I like the John Masters more for the volumising element.
 
I was a bit critical of Phylia de M.'s Connect as that is rather pricey for the amount you get but the John Masters product works out almost the same if you're comparing by mls as the Connect is £45 for 120ml and this is around £21 for 59ml.

I really can't put either product against each other as I like them both and feel they are both unique in their approach to hair health. 
 
Ingredients: 

Aqua (water), glycerin, sorbitol, panthenol (vitamin B), centillica asiatica (gotu kola) extract,* chondrus crispus (irish moss) extract,* plantago asiatica (chegian zi) extract,* arctium lappa (burdock root) extract,* hydrolyzed wheat protein, urticia dioica (nettle) extract,* yucca schidigera (yucca) extract,* hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) distillate, arnica montana (arnica) extract,* anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract,* hyaluronic acid, camellia sinensis (white tea) extract,* lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract,* calendula officinalis (calendula) extract,* tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), carica papaya (papaya) extract, cucumis sativa (cucumber) extract,* soy protein, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil,* triticum vulgare (wheat germ) oil,* thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil,* linum usitatissimum (flax seed) oil,* rosmarinus officinalus (rosemary) oil*

* Certified Organic

No comments:

Post a Comment