Thursday 12 April 2012

Current Lipbalm Loves: Malin + Goetz & This Works


I am a bit of a lipbalm-aholic, I love a gorgeous balm so will have a variety about the house/handbag/work and these are a couple I'm currently loving:

Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturizer
I read Visionary Beauty's review on this a while back and made a mental note to check this out when I went to SpaceNK (and had also accumulated enough N.dulge points;)

This is a nice, thick clear gel texture that feels so cushiony and nourishing on the lips, elevating any dryness straightaway, making the lips feel super-smooth and generally lovely:) It is fragrance and colour free as well.

I think I prefer this more than the Lanolips 101 Ointment because I find it a little more moisturising and because it's completely clear I can be quite liberal with it and not get a milky-looking build up my lips that can happen with the Lanolips if I lay it on a bit thick!

This Works Turbo Balm
I got this free with a purchase and initially I was not taken with it as even though it's a balm, it has a thinner texture which feels a little granular rather than completely smooth. Because of this, I mainly kept it for use at home and was not expecting a great deal but after having using it consistently most evenings it seems to over time improve the feel and general hydration of the lips which has been a pleasant surprise. It's also good for any other dry patches of skin but I use it mainly on the lips.

L- This Works Turbo Balm, R- Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturizer

Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturizer Ingredients:



This Works Turbo Balm Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Euphoribia Cerifera (Candellia) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the Malin + Goetz :) I find its good for my little boy to use as well as it doesn't seem to irritate any cracked bits.
    The This Works one sounds good, I think I have become a bit of a "lipbalm-aholic" like you ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the universal quality of this too, nice to hear it's good on your little'un :)

      Delete
  2. I have the Malin + Goetz one arriving with my Zuneta order hopefully today. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Love to hear how you get on with it:)

      Delete