Monday 12 March 2012

Mad Men Inspired Nails: L'Oreal Color Riche Spicy Orange

L'Oreal Color Riche 304 Spicy Orange

I had no idea L'Oreal were adding an impressive line-up of nail polish until seeing these in Superdrug and getting rather excited at all the wonderful array of colours. With the 3 for 2 offer (I think it still might be on), I could hardly resist picking up a few of these.

One colour I had been on the look out for was an orangey-red, a kind of colour that I could see worn in Mad Men, and I think this fits the bill perfectly. Spicy Orange (304) appears a little more orange in the bottle (especially in the store lighting) but when applied it leans more red.  While I am a bit red-lippie shy, I adore red on my nails, it just makes me feel instantly more cheerful.

The formula is excellent, it feels much more expensive then the £4.99 price tag - not thick or too thin and applies very smoothly with a slightly rounded shaped brush. With some reds like this I have found that I need a few coats to get an opaque coverage, but with this one it was almost full coverage with one coat (the pic is 2 coats).



I haven't bothered with a top coat as it's quite glossy without and I find this dries rather quick too - all in all I have nothing bad to say about these, I'm super-impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment