Tuesday 20 March 2012

Dolce & Gabbana The Eye Pencil: Chocolate & Bronzo



A while back I purchased a couple of the Dolce & Gabbana eyeliners and I've been using them fairly often (considering the amount of eyeliners sitting in my stash).

I picked up Chocolate (10) and Bronzo (15). Chocolate is (unsurprisingly) a dark chocolate shade that has no shimmer and Bronzo is a pale taupey champagne type shade.

I should have sharpened Chocolate - sorry!

Both of the shades swatch intensely and the texture is quite creamy, although Bronzo has more glide where as Chocolate is slightly firmer so I find myself pressing the pencil a tiny bit more on the skin. They don't have as much glide as some of the gel type pencil liners like YSL, however a plus side is that they do wear well and the colour doesn't seem to migrate and I can soften the line with the rubber tipped end.



I love both shades but Bronzo I tend to use only on the lower lash line to give a subtle brightening effect, and Chocolate I use all around as a softer alternative to black.

I bought these from the Dolce & Gabbana counter in Harrods.

6 comments:

  1. I do like the look of Bronzo, they seem to have quite a wide selection of shades, some of the spring ones look quite interesting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the look of some of the spring ones too from online pics I've seen, although I haven't been by the counter recently to see in real life.

      Delete
  2. they look really good, nice and think jst like I like my liners.

    blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feel a little bit more 'traditional' than some of than the newer gel forumlas I'm seeing, although still as lovely:)

      Delete
  3. They both look like gorgeous colours, but I'm really liking the look of Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have much in the way of non-shimmery brown liners so I think Chocolate fills the gap nicely:)

      Delete