Tuesday 1 November 2011

Smoky MAC Hyperviolet FOTD

Today I've gone for quite a simple eye look with MAC's Hyperviolet Paint Pot which is a gorgeous bruised plum type shade. I'm really enjoying these deep red-purple shades for autumn and this eye combination is one I rather liked and thought I'd share.



I've started off with a base of Bloom's Eye Paint in Chocolate which is a staple (review here) that I reach for almost everyday. These past few months I've noticed my eyelids are not as oily as before so I don't use my ELF eyeshadow primer so much underneath the Bloom eye paint.
On 3/4 of the lid and slightly on lower lash line I've applied MAC Paint Pot in Hyperviolet with a concealer brush then blended out the edges with a MAC 217. On the inner corner I've used Illamasqua's Fat Pencil in Fickle which is another favourite as the gold is on a slightly darker, duller side which seems to blend into my skintone and texture more nicely for a more softer golden look.

I've used MAC Feline pencil on the upper lash line and a little on the outer lower lash line then used a eye smudge brush to soften the line. The mascara is a sample of Chanel's Inimitable Intense which I got with a purchase a while back. I wasn't overly keen on the original Inimitable but I really like this Intense version as the formula is light and slightly creamy but not wet and really gives a dark lash look with good volume and separation.

Complete look:



Products used:

W3LL People Narcissist foundation stick No.5 (review here) all over face set with a little MUFE HD powder.
MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder in Accentuate/Sculpt - I've used the highlighter side on the tops of my cheeks.
Nouba Earth Powder 51 - As blush/bronzer. This deserves it's own post as it's another firm favourite of mine.
Chanel Glossimer in Giggle on lips
Chanel Crayon Sourcil in 60 Noir Cendre to fill in brows

L-R: Chanel Giggle Glossimer, Illamasqua Fat Pencil Fickle, Chanel Crayon Sourcil 60 Noir Cendre, MAC Feline pencil, MAC Hyperviolet Paint Pot

4 comments:

  1. Purple looks gorgeous with your eyes! I actually got a sample of Inimitable Intense as well and I really like it - my favourite thing about it is that it works equally well on upper and bottom lashes and doesn't clump them at all, might have to get a full-size once I use it up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woww u really pull of the purple eyeshadow well! whenever ive tried to do plum/purple eyeshadow looks i just look bruised :(
    great blog hun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely eye look!!I like the way u have put on your eye liner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Klara
    Thank you! I like it when products you expect to dislike turn into surprise likes!

    Hi Emma D
    Thanks! I'm sure you could pull a purple eye, I think it's a shade that suits most skintones/eye colours. I think lining the eyes with black helps to break up the colour so it's easier to wear.

    Hi giggle girlie gang
    Thank you! Smudging it in makes it easier so I don't need to be too precise.

    ReplyDelete