Monday 12 September 2011

Green Gloss: Illamasqua Violate from Theatre of the Nameless


The thought of a green lipgloss intrigued me so when I saw Violate from the new Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless collection on counter, I had to give it a go and actually, I rather like it.

Illamasqua Violate: Top - sheered out, bottom - built up
Violate is a warm forest green with a pretty shimmer and can be worn sheerer or built up to give a more intense look. What I like about this is that the colour plays with the natural pinky mauve colour in my lips to create a strange green that still allows my lip colour to show through. It is a bit of a sticky lipgloss which doesn't bother me too much but I would apply a balm underneath.   

Illamasqua Violate, sheer application
Illamasqua Violate, heavier application

Here it is applied heavier in context with the rest of my face, please excuse the glum expression and untidy brows (I am growing them at the moment).


I think this would be a good alternative to a more deep berry/purple shade for autumn/winter as I think it is an oddly wearable colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment