Sunday 3 July 2011

Dr Sebagh Sun-City Protection SPF 30

Dr Sebagh Sun-City Protection SPF30
A while back when I purchased a product from Dr Sebagh at Fenwick, they were offering a choice of a generous free gift so I chose this Sun-City Protection SPF 30.

This is a white cream that has a fairly thick consistency that when I initially apply it I get a bit of a sunscreen-like texture, which I wasn't overly keen on to begin with, but this goes away once rubbed into the skin, leaving no visible trace/whitecast. It does go matte after a few minutes but if I've used a moisturiser underneath I do get a bit of a sheen on the t-zone as I have combination skin.

It comes in a convenient pump bottle that dispenses a controlled amount of product and as it is a slightly denser formula, I can take a small amount and spread it out more so I actually don't end up using much. It does feel like it gives a good barrier between my skin and the elements, as you get a slight feeling of it sitting on the skin rather then completely absorbed which is not really a surprise as this is a physical Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide formula. Along with the silicones in the formula, this does lend itself to being quite a good base for make up so I don't feel the need for a primer. This product has grown on me in the past few months although I would like to see if I can find something that has a lighter cream/lotion type formula for use in the summer.

I haven't experienced any issues with this on my acne-prone skin, although I do use a balm to thoroughly cleanse this off at the end of the day.

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Dimethiconol, Hexyl Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Citrate, Peg-35 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone.

No comments:

Post a Comment