Friday 22 April 2011

Beauty UK Baked Blush: Baked Peach & Royal Rose Swatches


Apart from the nail polishes (which I love), I haven't really tried anything else from Beauty UK but recently while wandering Superdrug these caught my eye as (a) they are baked! So that in itself draws me in, (b) such pretty, glowy colours and (c) I quite like the packaging  (it looks a little MAC like).

I liked the look of all the colours but narrowed it down to Royal Rose and Baked Peach:

2 - Royal Rose
4 -Baked Peach

Underneath they have a little space which holds a retractable brush to use while out and about although I would only use this in an emergency as it is not soft.

Little slide rectractable mechanism on side

Swatches
Top: Royal Rose, Bottom; Baked Peach
Royal Rose is a bright, warm mid-pink. My swatch pic doesn't look as vibrant as it does in real life as the colour is closer to my pan pic. Baked Peach looks dusky tan in the pan but actually applies more warm peach on the skin and it also has very subtle tones of pink - this one is my favourite of the shades. There is no shimmer in any of these, just a lovely, glowy sheen with rather good pigmentation and a fairly smooth texture.
The compact size is similar to MAC regular blushes but a bit taller, and these have 4.4g of product. All in all, for £3.99 each, they are great bargain buys.

Also on another note, I am really liking the newly refreshed design in Superdrug in Wimbledon that I bought these from, it makes a refreshing change from the usual Superdrug/Boots look.

*Purchased by me*

2 comments:

  1. I have my eyes on royal rose. Thanks for the swatches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beautyshades
    No problem:) Royal Rose is lovely, I think this would suit many skintones.

    ReplyDelete