Tuesday 2 November 2010

A Little Nail Art: Models Own Grace Green & Andrea Fulerton Nail Tattoo


Models Own Grace Green - I really like this green, it's just murky enough without going too grey and the formula on this one is better then some of my other Models Own polishes as it flows well making application much easier.

I missed out Chanel's Khaki Vert but after seeing it on counter I prefer the Model's Own and even though they are not the same this makes a nice alternative. When I popped into Topshop later I saw they have a khaki green colour called Utilitarian which also looks like a lovely shade as well (which I am very tempted by).

This is two coats with Andrea Fulerton nail tattoo applied on top then Gloss Up Overcoat applied as a topcoat to seal everything.

The nail tattoo is quite straightforward to apply - it is self adhesive and there is a little allowance in that you can peel it off if you misplace it a bit. I used a craft knife to lift the tattoo from the card as they are rather small designs.


Here is a close up:


Both pics are after 2 days wear so there is very slight tip wear and a tiny bit of the chain design has come off on one nail but overall I am pleased with how well this has lasted (2 days is good for my nails).

The Andrea Fulerton Gloss Up Overcoat is a nice consistency - not too thick and applies well.
But this is no Seche Vite as it doesn't dry fast and is not as glossy. I will try with some other polishes to see what the wear is like across other brand polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment