Tuesday 3 August 2010

Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipsticks Review & Swatches

When I first tried the Rimmel Colour Show Off lipsticks I thought 'could they be a cheap version of YSL Rouge Voluptes?' as these are quite heavily scented lipsticks with a melon-type scent not dissimilar to a Rouge Volupte and also they feel a bit more silky in texture as well.

There is a good selection of shades but the ones that appealed to me were 050 Have Fun! and 250 Stare At Me

Left - Stare At Me,  Right - Have Fun!

I have swatched these with my one and only YSL Rouge Volupte in 03 Ultimate Beige to see how this compares with Rimmel's Have Fun!

L-R - Stare At Me, Have Fun!, YSL Rouge Volupte 03

As you can see they are similar shades but the Have Fun! is a bit more pinker and the YSL is more beige tone. Also it is clear that the YSL texture is much creamier then the Rimmel.

My bare lips:

Have Fun! applied (please excuse the dry looking lips):


Stare At Me applied (enlarging this shows the colour better):


Have Fun! is a lovely slightly pinky nude shade with a slight sheen to it but does accentuate dryness and the texture of this one is not as creamy. Stare At Me is a rather deep rose with a very slight plum tone, and this one is very well pigmented and has a more satin finish. The texture of this one feels more creamier then Have Fun! as well. I love this shade as it is quite rich and a bit more bolder then what I would usually go for but it still feels comfortable.
Both of these are not particularly moisturising but they don't dry out my lips either. I tend to use Burts Bees lipbalm underneath all lip products to give a smooth base and stop them drying them out.

Overall I like these (especially love Stare At Me), they feel light but are better pigmented and a bit creamier then previous Rimmel lipsticks I've tried.

Disclaimer: Purchased by me

1 comment: