Monday 2 August 2010

NUXE Nutri-Protecting Lip Care SPF 15 Review


Nuxe is a French brand that I've seen in a few places but never really looked into more closely, I think it was more to do with the packaging rather then the products themselves as I previously had a slight aversion to packaging bombarded with type (and was gold). 

The Nutri-Protecting Lip Care is a cross between a tinted lip balm and a gloss, they have Mango butter, Sunflower, Shea Butter and Sweet Almond oil to nourish and botanical filling spheres to give a more plumped up look. I think I am attracted to anything with the words 'Mango Butter' as these do have a fruity mango scent but I also like that they have a SPF 15 to protect the lips. 

I bought the shades: 02 Rose Legendaire/Legendaire Pink and 03 Chocolate Irise/Shimmering Chocolate. Legendaire Pink is quite a pretty sheer pink shade with very fine shimmer. This one does look quite glossy so it gives a more dimensional quality to the lips to make them look more fuller but I don't think it's anything special compared to other lipglosses. Shimmering Chocolate is more pigmented and also has the fine shimmer but it's not as noticeable when applied. They feel very smooth and light and are completely non-sticky. The down side to this is that they don't last that long on the lips. 

Top - Legendaire Pink, Bottom - Shimmering Chocolate


I paid £6.25 each for these in the sale, but full price they are £12.50. I like them as quite pretty, natural looking glosses but they are average and do not blow me away. I prefer something like the Korres Full Colour Lipglosses which is what I would compare these to.

Disclaimer: Purchased by me

No comments:

Post a Comment