Sunday 15 August 2010

NARS Fall 2010 - Tzarine Eyeshadow Duo & Douceur Blush

The latest NARS collection has some wonderful items and after checking these out at Space NK last week I picked up the Tzarine eyeshadow Duo and Douceur blush.



Seeing Douceur online it looked very pretty but I wasn't sure if it would show up on my NC40/42 skin, but testing this instore I was pleased at the nice, natural colour it gives which would go great with more dramatic eyes or lips. The colour is a neutral rosy nude sort of shade, and is very smooth with good pigmentation leaving a natural matt finish.

Douceur blush

I was convinced that I would go for the Rajasthan duo (I may go back and get that) but it was Tzarine that really got me excited. It is quite deceptive in the pan looking quite warm but swatched it actually is slightly more cooler then I'd anticipated. The left side is a pale icy gold where as the right is a deep blue/green with a slight silver undertone. These go on quite smooth, they are not as densely pigmented as other NARS eyeshadows like Mekong, but still have very good pay-off and blend well. The shimmer is fine and doesn't make the colour look too frosty.

Tzarine Eyeshadow Duo


Swatched - Tzarine on left, Douceur on right:

with flash

natural light

Here is a pic in context with the rest of my face. I have used the blue/green side about 2/3 into the lid and also 2/3 along the lower lash line then the pale gold on the inner corner and a little along lower lash line. The colours look a bit washed out in the pic, but you can still make out the hint of colour from the blush.



What I have used on the rest of my face:
Primer - NARS Makeup Primer (white tube)
Foundation - NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona
Undereye Concealer - Guerlain Terracotta Touch in 02
Powder - MUFE HD
Lips - Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Lip Pencil in Amerigo (all over)
Lashes curled with Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Mascara - L'Oreal Double Extension Renewal Serum Inside (just the black end, I'm not keen on the white base end)

Close up of eye:





Overall I am really happy with these, the colours are very flattering and easy to work with.  The Tzarine duo is my favourite as I don't have any shades quite like these in my collection.
NARS have come up trumps with a gorgeous collection well worth a look.

Disclaimer: Purchased by me

1 comment: