Sunday 1 August 2010

July 2010 Stand-Out Products

Here are my favourite items from July:

Chanel Hydramax + Active Teinte 10 Sable - Sand
I was given a sample of this with a purchase and only just recently tried it out. It's a lovely light and quite fresh feeling tinted moisturiser that gives a little coverage and just helps to even things out. I still need concealer to cover my acne scars but with this I don't feel like I'm wearing any base.

Ellis Faas Concealer - S205
This brush on wand concealer blends really well into the skin and doesn't look cakey but sets to a natural matt finish. I use this on my under-eye area and the colour is great because it doesn't have any ashy qualities to it. The twist-up mechanism does have its flaws as if this is not used regularly, the liquid can dry and clog up the applicator.

Make Up Forever HD Powder
With the weather being hot here in the UK this has been great for helping to set foundation and concealer under the eye as well. I also dust this over lids before eyeshadow as I have very oily eyelids so this is great for making eyeshadow last longer.

Prestige Baked Mineral Blush - 04 Terra Rosa
A go-to slightly rosy terracotta shade that suits many makeup looks (I have a separate review of this up). Looks natural and blends well into skin.

Becca Glossy Lip Tint in Amaretto
A non-sticky 'my lips but better' lipgloss which is a complete no-brainer for summer makeup. It lasts well on lips and doesn't dry them out too. One of the few lipglosses I have without shimmer.

iS Clinical SPF 25 Treatment Sunscreen
My favourite sunscreen ever, I use this instead of a moisturiser as it has a lovely creamy texture that absorbs well without greasiness and no white cast. Perfect for my NC40/42 skin tone. 

Antonia Burrell Creme Supreme Moisturiser
Antonia Burrell is new natural line of skincare that I came across at the Vitality show earlier this year. (I will have to do a separate review of the range). I have been using this as a night-cream and it's wonderful. The scent is divine - a soft, slightly sweet, nutty marshmallow type of scent; the cream is a light, fluffy texture that absorbs easily into the skin and leaves it soft and well-rested.

Jergens Naturals Extra Softening Body Moisturiser
I am not a huge fan of body lotions but I love the slightly sweet peachy type scent of this and it is quite a light lotion for the summer and does make the skin soft. 

Aussie Mega Shampoo and Conditioner
Leaves my hair clean without weighing it down. Simple and fuss-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment