Monday 26 July 2010

Product Rave: Beauty UK Glam Nails Polish


Beauty UK is a budget makeup range available in Superdrug that I have often just glanced at but never bought anything, that was until a week ago. I spotted some promising nail polishes in a good range of colours, and a few in particular caught my eye as they looked different to what I have currently.
The shades I bought are Smokey Lilac (No.51), Blue Moon (No.49) and Turquiose Shimmer (I think this is an old packaging as it doesn't have a number). All the pics are without a topcoat and can be clicked to enlarge.

Below is Smokey Lilac, which is a spot on name as it is a beautiful light lilac with a subtle grey tone. The closest thing I have to this is probably OPI's Done Out in Deco but that is more purple and less grey where as this as a very slight pink tone to the lilac and a bit paler. This is 2 coats and the brush is a basic brush (not wide or anything like OPI). It applies quite well, the consistency is fluid without being thin and is not thick or gloopy. This is my joint favourite of the bunch. 

Indoor natural light with flash
Indoor natural light without flash

Next is Turquiose Shimmer, a beautiful deep blue/green sea colour with faint blue/green shimmer. This reminds me of a greener and more creamier version of MAC's Plasmu Blu that was released in their Neo Sci-Fi Collection. This one dragged slightly on application, but coverage was pretty opaque in 2 coats.

Indoor natural light with flash
Indoor natural light no flash

Finally is Blue Moon which is a creamy light blue that looks brighter on the nails then in the bottle which was a pleasant surprise. I adore this colour, I haven't got anything like this as I usually go for darker blues. Unfortunately this applied a bit streaky and dragged slightly so this pic is with 3 coats. The colour is a saving grace so I'd happily buy this again if I run out.

Indoor natural light with flash
Indoor natural light no flash

In terms of wear they are not the best, I do get a bit of tip wear after a day or two but most nail polishes on me don't really last longer then 2 days. 
Overall I am really pleased with these, especially with Smokey Lilac and Blue Moon as sometimes I have found with cheaper brands the cream shades look a bit like coloured Tippex so they look flat on the nails which I am happy to say is not the case with these.   
These are 9ml and £1.79 each in Superdrug.

Disclaimer: These were purchased by me

2 comments: